Tips & tricks for a fantastic skiing holiday
Going skiing? Perhaps you have been looking forward to packing your bags for your winter sports holiday all year. If so, read our tips to make sure you are properly prepared. Because let’s be honest: waking up to views of snow-covered peaks… Isn’t that a dream come true every time?
Enjoy the ultimate skiing holiday with these tips
Head off for your skiing holiday properly prepared this year and make sure your equipment is complete! Ski outfit (go for lots of layers like thermal underwear, fleece, wool and down), ski goggles, thick socks and don’t forget your helmet. Sort out your skis and poles beforehand or hire them on location. Tip: Always take a pair of sunglasses with you. UV rays are stronger in the mountains, so sunscreen is also recommended. Did you know we also sell limited edition winter sports clothing?
Book well in advance so that your first choice accommodation is still available. Looking for great accommodation in Ischgl? Then be sure to book a room at the Schlosshotel (5 star hotel) and take advantage of the spa to escape the outside world. Me-time is so important!
Think about whether you want to have lessons beforehand so you can sort that out on the first day. Or head out by yourself: enjoy the freedom and discover the splendid winter nature.
Ischgl must visit!?
Are you totally ready for winter sports? If so, we have listed a number of must visit spots in Ischgl for you! Right in the middle of the Tyrolean Alps, Ischgl offers the perfect landscape for the winter sports enthusiast. You’ll be blown away by the cross-border skiing area with 239 km of pistes, modern facilities and the finest powder areas – guaranteed snow from November to May.
- Enjoy beautiful views from the “Fimbabahn” cable car. This is a real insider tip and it’s almost always quiet here (no more waiting, yes!). How great is that?!
- Breakfast at Pardorama: Nice and quiet in the morning and a perfect start to your skiing day. Not many people have breakfast in the mountains, so make the most of it!
- Spend a day shopping in Samnaun. Need to relax after shopping? Then stop off at “Schmuggleralm” and enjoy a delicious hot chocolate.
- Have a yummy lunch at the Alpenhaus Ischgl and try the “Alpine-cheese soup”. There’s a first time for everything!
- And of course you don’t want to miss out on the après-ski: Schlosslounge is the perfect place (+ close to the piste)!
- After an intensive day’s skiing, dinner at the Stüva restaurant is the best way to relax and enjoy some good food.
- Followed by drinks and dancing at Pacha.
- 07 February, 2020