How to get healthy glowing skin
Some are blessed with fair skin and some have issues with theirs. It might not seem fair. But it could all be down to your skin type! The condition of your skin says a lot about your general health. Have you got dull looking skin? This is how to get your skin looking healthy again.
1. Dry skin
You can easily recognize dry skin: have you got dry patches constantly feel like your skin is pulling? In the winter no amount of crème is enough and in the summer it’s an endless cycle of peeling. This is due to the fact that your skin doesn’t ‘produce enough moisture to keep hydrated.
How to take care of dry skin?
– Watch out with using tap water whilst cleaning your skin. Warm water especially can make your skin dry out even further.
– Dry skin needs a lot of moisture, use mild products to keep your skin hydrated.
– Drink a lot of water and eat healthy fats –this goes for all skin types-
2. Normal skin
Blessed with normal skin? You’re in luck! This skin type is low-maintenance. You can recognize this skin type by it’s even tone, visible –but not too- pores and shine free t-zone. (yep, we wish)
How to take care of normal skin?
– Clean your skin with a mild facewash each morning and before going to bed.
– After cleaning your skin moisturize with a day and night cream.
– Don’t exfoliate more than once a week. And a facemask once every 2 weeks never hurt anybody 😉
3. Combination skin
Combination skin is the most common type. it’s easily recognizable; The T-zone is greasy and the skin around your cheeks and eyes is a lot more dry and sensitive.
How to take care of combination skin?
– Use products that are especially designed for combination skin. Not satisfied with the way it’s working? Try using a product for greasy skin on your t-zone and on the dryer parts one for dry skin.
– Scrub your skin once or twice a week with a mild grain, otherwise the production of tallow might be overstimulated which results in clogged pores4.
4. Greasy skin
Greasy skin is easily recognized by the shiny t-zone and rather visible pores. Don’t worry it’s not all bad: greasy skin is less prone to wrinkles!
How to take care of greasy skin?
– Greasy skin is especially sensitive, using mild products is key to keep your skin calm and not cause break outs.
– Use oil free products to reduce shine.
– Try eating foods that contain vitamin B2.
– try using a clay mask once every two weeks –your skin will thank you-
Your new beauty ritual should be the ultimate zen moment. So put on that comfy robe and take your time! 😉